Vocalist.org archive

From:  "direpurple" <direpurple@y...>
Date:  Fri Nov 29, 2002  11:35 am
Subject:  Sorry again but i feel despaired!I am begging for help!

Sorry again but i feel despaired.
i 've already tried to enter my head voice but nothing's happened.
1)I've read in an article that in order to enter your head voice,
you have to transfer the placement of sound, from nose/eyes(i
actually feel the sound on my Upper forward teeth) to the area
at the top back of your head.Although I've tried i suffered pressure
on my pallette.Oh,and of course no head voice's appearing.

2)Is this the right route for the sound as it goes
higher?:Chest,throat,soft pallette, nose/eyes(or front upper teeth?)

3)I've also read that in an article>

"Start with a yawning feeling to relax the throat and let the layrnx
drop (this is the bump in the neck that moves up and down when you
swallow). Then let out a siren type of sound ("wooo" or "weee") and
feel it go up into the head cavities. Now let out a "wooo", like
your cheering for someone. Also try hooting like an owl. Pay
attention to the feeling of resonance in your head. This is your
head voice."

But what we hear then,that siren type sound, isn't actually our
falsetto?Can we build our head voice from falsetto?If yES HOW?

Oh,..also:i am male;singing range (B1-F4 WITH c4 AS THE MIDDLE C and
singing E4,F4 with much difficulty));NEVER HAD LESSONS;NO TIME FOR
LESSONS:

i am REALLY BEGGGING FOR HELP!
tHANKS AGAIN!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21173 Re: Sorry again but i feel despaired!I am begging for help!thomas mark montgomery sailorbudd Fri  11/29/2002
21181 Re: Sorry again but i feel despaired!I am begging for help!norma bowen singerteacher85 Sat  11/30/2002
21190 Re: Sorry again but i feel despaired!I am begging forhelp!Dré de Man dredeman Sun  12/1/2002
21187 Re: Sorry again but i feel despaired!I am begging for help!Alexandra Zavilowicz zavilowicz Sun  12/1/2002
21188 Re: Sorry again but i feel despaired!I am begging for help!GWendel Yee gwyee2redshift Sun  12/1/2002

emusic.com