Vocalist.org archive

From:  "singer112001" <singer112001@y...>
Date:  Thu Nov 28, 2002  5:30 pm
Subject:  Re: "jaw just won't drop

All:

I'd like to pass a tip along that has been useful. I learned this
from a video tape in a series called Tenors of the 78 Era. Georges
Thill was talking about his study with DeLuca in Italy for 2 years,
during which he (Thill) says that DeLuca made him sing with a cork in
his mouth to keep it open. In the tape he gestured what it was like
to have to sing with a cork in his mouth.

I started doing the same thing about 4 months ago with very good
results. I have 3 corks of different lengths, the biggest one for
vocalizing and two others of slightly shorter lengths for singing
songs. It's hard to sing consonants with the cork there but it's
worth and inconvenience.

When I go to sing in church or elsewhere of course I can't put a cork
in my mouth but my mind and muscles are getting used to singing with
a much, much more open mouth now.

Best regards,

Bob.

emusic.com