Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@a...>
Date:  Wed Nov 27, 2002  10:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Keyboard

BillyANM@a... wrote:

>Is there anything I should know about Radio Shack keyboards? I was actually
>about to go buy one next week.

You get what you pay for. But if you are seeking sounds that resemble
real instruments you won't get them with a RS Keyboard. If you don't
care, then the keyboard is good for the money. Our company gives away
and/or sells at cost several types of Casio Keyboards to needy children
who are musically talented but come from low income families. We want
them to have and use keyboards with the sounds of real instruments and
mostly for the "feel" of a piano. If you want an excellent piano-like
sound go find a Casio CT-120. At musicians friend, when they're in stock
(they sell fast) you pay anywhere between $29-$49 in the dent & scratch
section of their site. The other Casio highly recommended is the Casio
CTK-671 with pressure sensitive keys (like a piano). Both keyboards
have full size keys.

Dr Dean

emusic.com