Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Sat Jun 3, 2000  6:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Lyrics to AVE MARIA

Nancy Mitchell wrote:

> Hi friends. I have spent two hours looking at lyric sites without success. I
> need the second verse and admit, not sure if it is to Bach-Gounod or
> Schubert's "Ave Maria" since I am working on both.

I believe what you refer to as the second verse is the non-Catholic version
usually written in English. It is often called the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
version although anyone who does not accept the madonna as a go-between, sings
these words. If the 'second' verse begins with, "Father, in heaven: it's the
other virgin. If I am wrong, I apologize. I was wrong once before.

--
Dean FH Macy, Lit.D./Mus.D.

"Specializing in Management of exceptionally talented youth in Music"
<http://www.newenglandtalent.org> EPI Records - NetWork Films

"Making children do something they don't want to do is the job of the parents.
If that doesn't work, there are always juvenile detention centers." - Mike R.
-

emusic.com