Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Wed Nov 27, 2002  2:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Repertoire Question...War

Ned Rorem's Psalm ... 120? 140? I can't recall which one. The text is:

In my distress, I cried unto the Lord and he heard me
Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips and from a deceitful tongue
What shall be given unto thee?
And what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue
Sharp arrows of the mighty with coals of juniper
Woe is me, as I sojourn in Mesich (sp)
As I dwell in the tents of Kedar
My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace
I am for peace
But when I speak -
They are for war.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"