Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Dawn" <crazy4jet66@y...>
Date:  Tue Nov 26, 2002  12:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Hi everyone!! New person here : )

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
I've
> progressed best when I've given up a lot of my perfectionist and
determined
> ways. For example, at times when things have been difficult in my
non-singing
> life, and I've gone to my voice lesson out of habit, but expecting
nothing of
> myself, I've done my best singing, because I wasn't emotionally
able to "try"
> to be perfect.
>

> Peggy

I think you hit it right on the head Peggy. My teacher told me once
that she felt I was trying too hard. That I was taking it more
serious than I really should. I guess I put alot of pressure on
myself to be good. For example...this song we are working on now.
It is a really tough song. There is alot of head voice in this
song....but not so high that I should have trouble hitting it. But
those notes are to be sung softly and I have a tendancy toward
having a very strong, okay...I'll just say it...LOUD voice. So this
song is testing me to the max. But I see your point. I do my best
singing in the shower where there is no pressure to perform well (as
far as I know). I mean I have not emerged from the shower to find
my husband holding a score card or anything lol.

Thanks Peggy.

Dawn

emusic.com