Vocalist.org archive

From:  GWendel Yee <gwyee@r...>
Date:  Sun Nov 24, 2002  2:38 am
Subject:  Re: "jaw just won't drop"

At 10:53 PM 11/23/02 -0000, Dawn wrote:
>... but when I have to sing higher....it
>is a definite struggle. She is consistantly telling me to drop my
>jaw when I sing and I find this very hard to do. She says I look
>like I am smiling all the time and try as I might.,..my jaw just
>won't drop. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Dawn,

Welcome to the list! Not being a voice teacher, my advice may not carry
much weight. However, I once did have a problem similar to what you
describe. Here's how it was solved. My teacher had me place my hands
gently but firmly against my cheeks, and very gently pulling down as I
dropped my jaw to sing. You may find that just the simple touch of your
hands will "encourage" your facial muscles to relax and allow your jaw to
drop. Anyway, it worked for me. After a while, you won't need to do this.
Personally, I found "don't do" instructions very difficult.

GWendel, tenor

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21101 Re: "jaw just won't drop"Dawn crazy4jet66 Sun  11/24/2002

emusic.com