Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Wed Nov 20, 2002  4:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Barbara Hendricks sings Gershwin

Susan wrote:

>Love the Patricia Barber recording!!

Isn't that something? I find it very unusual and very creative. I
first heard Patricia Barber in Chicago (where she still lives, I
believe) back in the early 80's. Her piano playing and her singing
both really impressed me. I don't know of anyone else with such great
skills in both areas, and her ability to sing very high in a way that
works in a jazz context was one of a kind. She used to have a regular
gig at the Gold Star Sardine Bar in Chicago, which is now closed
(http://www.seanparnell.com/Bar%20Reviews/Gone/GoldStarSardineBar/GoldStarSardin\
eBar.htm
),
but she still performs regularly at the Green Mill Cocktail Lounge on
Broadway at Lawrence.
http://www.seanparnell.com/Bar%20Reviews/GreenMill/GreenMill.htm

John Link

http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink (John Link Vocal Quintet)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21024 Re: Patricia Barber recordingLloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Wed  11/20/2002
21026 Re: Patricia Barber recordingJohn Link johnlink010254 Wed  11/20/2002
21037 Re: Patricia Barber recordingbuzzcen@a... buzzcen2000 Thu  11/21/2002
21046 Re: Patricia Barber recordingJohn Link johnlink010254 Thu  11/21/2002

emusic.com