Vocalist.org archive

From:  "taylor23ferranti" <taylor23f@h...>
Date:  Wed Nov 20, 2002  4:02 pm
Subject:  Reply to Lloyd and list (on chest-register)

Lloyd wrote:

> I question the ideas expressed by both of you that classical
singing
>technique always or almost always encourages female voices to being
> the head voice down with the resultant lack of proper use of chest
> voice or chest voice, head voice mix in the middle voice. I can
> think of no successful classical or opera singers for which this is
> true.

****************
Lloyd,

Enjoyed you post, thanks. Your comment above is rather true.
However, while using the chest-register is one thing...using it
CORRECTLY quite a different matter. Sure, you can "use" the register
with a bad vowel, a mixed-registration, nasal quality, etc.
Regarding professionals, the argument is not that no females use
it...but, do they use it the right manner?

-Taylor

Taylor

emusic.com