Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Nov 19, 2002  8:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Where did it all go wrong? (on a serious note :)

In a message dated 11/19/2002 11:54:33 AM Central Standard Time,
taylor23f@h... writes:

> All of the students I have taught and all of the singers I know who
> are taught to "sing in the masque" or the sing "out the top of the
> head" or whatever you want to call it- have blatant technical
> problems. Namely, they are head-dominant singers with no or very
> few low notes and they are just plain tense when they sing. \

You're correct, and the majority of teaching involving the female voice (in
classical singing) is approached this way. The ones who argue they mix chest
in on the bottom, may a little bit, but not enough. If there was more chest
involved some teachers would not bring up points such as "raw chest"
disconnects from the rest of the voice. Men come out of pure chest without a
flip, women can too. The imposition of too much head too low in the voice
destroys potential and also makes the voice unversatile.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21006 Re: Where did it all go wrong? (on a serious note :)Lloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Wed  11/20/2002
21020 Reply to Lloyd and list (on chest-register)taylor23ferranti taylor23ferranti Wed  11/20/2002

emusic.com