Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Adam D. Taylor" <gryphon@n...>
Date:  Fri Jun 2, 2000  8:54 pm
Subject:  REP: George Gershwin's "Somebody Loves Me"

Hi!
I'm going to attempt to sing George Gershwin's "Somebody Loves Me"
for my Vocal Exam this year but the version I have is so confusing. It
opens with two verses, then there's a repeat sign for the refrain, followed
by the refrain, 1st end., 2nd end..

INTRO-V1/2-(rept.)REFRAIN-[1st ending][2nd ending](double bar)

How do I sing this song? When do I do the 2nd verse 'cause it's not in the
repeat and there's no D.S. al Fine or something.
Also, what tempos should I use? It's marked as"Allegro moderato" at
the beginning and the refrain has "molto legato" in brackets. Should the
refrain be as fast as the verses and what MM would anyone suggest?
For those who may have it, the arrangement is in Chappell Music's
"The Best of George Gershwin" on p.29.

Adam Taylor
gryphon@n...

Panie Boze wspomoz nas
Zebrac sily w trudny czas
Bysmy mogli dalej zyc
Wierzac w sens nastepnych dni
Chciej nam te nadzieje dac
Chciej nam dac.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2097 Re: REP: George Gershwin's "Somebody Loves Me" Vivian   Fri  6/2/2000   4 KB

emusic.com