Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 18, 2002  4:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Where did it all go wrong?

In a message dated 11/17/2002 8:54:17 PM Central Standard Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> Most
> voice teachers do excellent work and are devoted to their craft.

Lloyd,

This certainly is not my experience with voice teachers on the whole ... it's
been said, "There are two professions where you can take people's money screw
them up and they can't do anything about it; televangelism and voice
teaching."

Let me ask you a question since we've been discussing the amount of chest
voice in pop singing Vs classical in women. Why is it that many more male
opera singers find wide acceptance from a wider audience than female opera
singers?

Randy Buescher

Randy Buescher

emusic.com