Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Mon Nov 18, 2002  4:28 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: classical isn't the only way (was amplification)

In a message dated 11/17/2002 6:48:38 PM Central Standard Time,
Mezzoid@w... writes:

> It depends on where in the voice you are. Raw chest is useful at the very
> bottom of the range, IMO, but if it's anywhere higher, it sounds totally
> disconnected. And I don't think you can compare men and women's voices as
> being the same thing.
>
> Christine Thomas,

It's disconnected if you don't know how to get out of it without a flip flop;
this is totally possible and what my students do.

Men and Women's voices are the same ... they share the exact same anatomy
except for size. The avoidance of raw chest is a matter of aesthetics not
inherently a not a functional issue in women's voices.

Randy Buescher
<A HREF="http://speechlevelvoice.com/">Speech Level Voice Singing</A>

emusic.com