Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sat Nov 16, 2002  9:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] amplification

In a message dated 11/16/2002 3:11:02 PM Central Standard Time,
sopran@a... writes:

> I bellieve that Buzz stated that more classically trained singers present
> with irreversibly damaged vocal cords. He attributes this presumed higher
> level of damage to classical technique, which he apparently views as
> inherently unhealthy.

That is not what I said, and I don't view it as unhealthy. But it is true
that amateur classical singers have the highest number of vocal problems (and
I went out of my way to say not by much, it's fairly evenly distributed
amongst genres) and classical that classical technique does not have a
stranglehold on vocal health. My fact is not anecdotal either but based on
my work as a voice therapist (degreed in speech language pathology) done in
conjunction with a very prominent otolaryngologist. The fact I stated came
straight from his statistics at the clinic. Maybe you should check out my
website and read my article from NATS JOS about postop rehab so you gain some
insight in this area.

Maybe you should have stayed out of this conversation if you are going to
blatantly misrepresent what I've said.

Randy Buescher
<A HREF="http://speechlevelvoice.com/">Speech Level Voice Singing</A>

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21193 Analyzing health of pop vs classical tech, was AmplificationApril Salerno april_salerno Sun  12/1/2002
21194 Re: Analyzing health of pop vs classical tech, was Amplificationbuzzcen@a... buzzcen2000 Sun  12/1/2002
21197 Re: Analyzing health of pop vs classical tech, was AmplificationEdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Mon  12/2/2002
21205 Re: Analyzing health of pop vs classical tech, was Amplificationleskayc@a...   Mon  12/2/2002
21216 Re: Analyzing health of pop vs classical tech, was AmplificationLloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Tue  12/3/2002
21301 Randy as Voice TeacherEdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Fri  12/6/2002
21302 Re: Randy as Voice TeacherCaio Rossi   Fri  12/6/2002
21339 Re: Randy as Voice Teacherbuzzcen@a... buzzcen2000 Sun  12/8/2002
21342 Re: Randy as Voice TeacherGreypins@a... greypins Sun  12/8/2002

emusic.com