Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Nov 16, 2002  2:27 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] amplification

In a message dated 11/15/2002 9:04:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> In
> this sense, the more singing resembles the natural expression of
> speech, the less it is involved in the realm of singing.

lloyd,

i strongly disagree. while there is room for singing that does not
resemble the natural expression in speech, that singing that does, for want
of a better way to say it, allows humans to fly. the introduction of
specific pitch to speaking is what makes the essential difference between
speaking and singing. we expect instruments to play notes. they aren't
human. voices that sound more like instruments and less like humans, become
no different than instruments. voices that remain human as they sing music,
take on flight, something we don't expect of ordinary humans.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20916 Re: amplificationJames bandbau Sat  11/16/2002

emusic.com