Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Fri Nov 15, 2002  8:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] amplification

In a message dated 11/15/02 2:36:44 PM Central Standard Time,
Domisosing@a... writes:

> 3)If you have a solid bottom and middle-range, but are afraid to "pull-up"
> your middle into head voice....you are likely already in trouble in the
> lower areas. When the voice begins in a balanced onset, the ability to
> reach ascending pitches is merely a willingness to allow the resonation to
> shift without changing the sound that is being produced. There is no need
> to greatly modify vowels into the head voice, unless the vowel is changing
> in the lower areas. I've noticed that vowel modification is often used as a
> corrective tool, and is not needed as much once the larynx stabilizes.
> (Again, a slight generalization, not an absolute rule)

Mary Beth

I really really really want to discuss this further--but I have to leave town
and won't be back until tomorrow late afternooon--So hold this thought and
you will hear from me soon, but you raise some questions that I would like
your opinion on.......

Late for the party,
Leslie

emusic.com