Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Date:  Fri Jun 2, 2000  4:46 pm
Subject:  re: Congratulations Annelies!

>Well, I doubted the whole weekend whether I should sing or not. I didnít
>take the steroids but finally decided to sing after all.

[snip]

>The comments of the jury were really promising. Of course they had still a
>lot of remarks but they were unanimous about the quality of my voice. They
>didnít give a hard time about my really heavy program or the fact that I
>sung almost only late-romantic music. And they liked my opera-arias the
>most, and thatís what I want to do! I got great results, so I donít regret
>have sung the exam. Sure I feel like I could have done a lot better (mostly
>easier and more fun for me) and unlike my previous exams I didnít sing
>better than ever before but I got great results so I have to quite whining
>about it!

Well done, Annelies! I'm glad you decided not to take the steroids, and I
think it's wonderful that you were able to sing well despite having a
setback last week. You showed a lot of courage and professionalism. As
for feeling you could've sung better, that's a feeling that people with
high standards often have. The main thing is that you made a decision that
was right for you, and you sang well in your performance.

You're on your way!

Naomi Gurt Lind

emusic.com