Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 13, 2002  3:16 am
Subject:  let me try again....."warming" a too bright voice

Sorry for the empty post--my computer is giving me a lot of trouble.....

Now for my question: Have any of you had any experience in what my teacher
calls "warming" the tone of a voice that is too bright? My mid range is what
she wants it to be--we have worked for the past 3 years to make the sound
round and free--I have accomplished this by "rounding" the inside of my
mouth, placing the sound very forward, vowel pronunciation, even rounding my
mouth (sort of a pouty-mouth thing). I am pleased with my mid range and have
had a lot of positive reinforcement from people I trust. NOW the task is to
take this sound into my upper range. Even though I am a soprano, I have
always had trouble with the top--partly because I spent the first 38 years of
my life convinced that I was an alto, which wound up causing me untold misery
that led to a polyp removal 4 years ago. That gave me a brand new voice
which I am still learning how to use.

I had a lesson today--we just worked technique and I get it sometimes and
sometimes I don't. I am interested to know if any of you have run into this
before and how you dealt with it. I have all kinds of high notes if I sing
them like a very little child. Trouble is , I need to sound like a
grownup......

Advice?

Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20847 Re: let me try again....."warming" a too bright voiceKaren Mercedes   Wed  11/13/2002

emusic.com