Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jean Marie Henderson" <jeaniebean77@h...>
Date:  Thu Nov 7, 2002  8:51 pm
Subject:  grad school and recording

Help !!!!!

I'm applying to grad schools this year, and I'm beginning to get panicked.

First, I need to make a recording. I'm trying to get a time arranged at my
alma mater, a local university, but either I can't get the hall, or the
tech, or my accompanist. How good does a recording need to be? Does it
have to be a CD? I tape my lessons at the studio, but is that really good
enough quality? I called a recording studio, and I can't afford that. What
do I do?

Second, my voice teacher recently pointed out that I don't really know how
difficult it is to get in to the programs I've chosen to apply to. She's
concerned that all of them may be competitive and wants a good program that
we feel strongly I'll be accepted into. ( I know my grammar is bad, I'm
past the point of caring) I'm applying to Eastman, Boston U, Westminster
Choir College, and U of NC at Greensboro. I'm a soprano. I know that
Eastman and Boston U are difficult to get into, and I thought WCC and UNCG
would be reasonable. Does anyone know about these programs. Are there
other programs in the northeast that I should apply to?

I've worked hard to learn my repertoire, make a good resume, etc. but I'm
quickly becoming overwhelmed.

I've asked everyone I can think of, but I'm running out of time.
Jean Marie Henderson