Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Candace Magner" <magner@l...>
Date:  Tue Nov 5, 2002  5:34 pm
Subject:  Osteoarthritis drugs and voice

We have had some recent discussion about NSAIDs (ibuprofin, aspirin, etc)
and their effect on the mucosal tissues of stomach and vocal folds. The
newer meds for arthritis [celecoxib (Celebrex), rofecoxib (Vioxx) and
valdecoxib (Bextra)] are of a slightly different formula (COX-2 inhibitors)
and are said to be less problematic. I am interested in experiences of
singers with these drugs, or in the experience of our medical members.
(Please, if you do not have direct experience with these drugs do not try to
comment!)

Dr. Candace A. Magner
University of New Mexico - Los Alamos Dept of Fine Arts/Music
magner@l...
homepage http://clik.to/candace

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20766 Re: Osteoarthritis drugs and voiceSMSchneider susan5s Tue  11/5/2002
20772 Re: Osteoarthritis drugs and voiceJohn Messmer, M.D. singdoc_1 Wed  11/6/2002
21182 Re: Osteoarthritis drugs and voicenorma bowen singerteacher85 Sat  11/30/2002
21185 Re: Osteoarthritis drugs and voiceJohn Messmer, M.D. singdoc_1 Sat  11/30/2002

emusic.com