Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Fri Nov 1, 2002  12:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Norwegian Singer

I don't personally know her. I was awakened one morning by an
interview with her on NPR's "All Thins Considered". They spoke of a
new CD that is being marketed in the US and gave a number of examples
of her singing. I was impressed by her versatility and her obvious
lack of need to shout, groan, scream or do other non-singing things
to perform a song. It made me feel that there still is hope for
singing without so many of the "vocal indicating" devices which the
are the norm in most of today's pops singing.

--
Lloyd W. Hanson

emusic.com