Vocalist.org archive

From:  "katherine94040" <modulate58@a...>
Date:  Mon Oct 28, 2002  10:15 pm
Subject:  Re: Problem from about 3 months I can't still figure out......

As nearly as I can understand, you were admitted to a music school
and are now taking a remedial course of some kind. Since private one-
to-one singing lessons are desirable, I doubt that the singing
lessons are the remedial course, probably you are in a basic music
skills class??? If you could clear this up, you could get better
advice.

Meanwhile, as a professional singer and singing teacher for more than
30 years, I would like to say this to you. You cannot expect
to "figure out" how to sing in three months. It is not possible. Even
people who started out sounding good at the beginning of their study
will tell you that it took a long while to learn what they wanted to
learn about singing. So my best advice is just calm down, be patient,
listen to what you are being told and do your best. See how you
feel after you have been studying a year. If you don't have that much
patience, singing isn't for you. Best wishes.

emusic.com