Vocalist.org archive

From:  norma bowen <normasings2000@y...>
Date:  Mon Oct 28, 2002  11:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] more great news...NOT

I am really sorry to hear about your health problems. Have you tried the soy
milk, or vegetarian cheese? Try not to think too much about it. I know that's
easier said than done but I find that sometimes when you worry too much about
health problems they seem to get worse . Try to sing more if you can and try
prayer.
Norma
Stinky Rumpus <stinkyrumpus512@h...> wrote:Many thanks, Dr. Messmer, for
your clear explanation about Asacol. It sets
my mind at ease to know that the medication is at least not posing a threat
to my vocal health. (I still wish it were working better against the
colitis.)

I found out today that I am also lactose intolerant. This is a real blow to
me, as I already have acid reflux. I gave up all the reflux foods and the
only decadent thing left was cheese, which I adore. Now the list of things
I can't eat is longer than my hair. What next? I shudder to imagine.

I know this isn't voice related but I could really use some support. I feel
very discouraged. Has anyone else out there had health problems of this
magnitude? It isn't just that these things are slowing me down, more that I
have no idea how or if I can resume performing, because at this point I
can't get through a day without having major diarrhea.

Another thing that troubles me. I understand that ulcerative colitis is
thought to be related to an over active immune system. When I first started
having a lot of performing opportunities and wantedd to stay healthy all the
time, I used a lot of echinacea. It really worked for me at that time and I
almost never got sick or cancelled. Now I wonder if I somehow abused the
echinacea and have brought this whole thing upon myself.