Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 28, 2002  6:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] more great news...NOT

In a message dated 10/28/02 8:59:05 AM Central Standard Time,
stinkyrumpus512@h... writes:

> I understand that ulcerative colitis is
> thought to be related to an over active immune system. When I first
> started
> having a lot of performing opportunities and wantedd to stay healthy all
> the
> time, I used a lot of echinacea. It really worked for me at that time and
> almost never got sick or cancelled. Now I wonder if I somehow abused the
> echinacea and have brought this whole thing upon myself.

I used to be an RN--guess I still am, only I haven't worked as such in a long
time......but I remember that ulcerative colitis seems to run in families.
Do any of your relatives have it? I can understand your frustration in
dealing with this problem, and I don't have a clue if overuse of echinacea
could be involved. I do know that 2 of my husband's cousins struggled with
this disease and finally one had his colon surgically removed. He has an
ileostomy, but is now able to live a much freer and definitely more
comfortable life. This is drastic and a last resort, of course, but it did
wonders for this guy.

Perhaps your MD can direct you to a support group in your area? Have you
looked online for a UC support group? Talking with those who have
experienced what you are dealing with would probably be more beneficial than
having people who just read books give you advice. Best of luck to you.
KEEP SINGING!

Leslie

emusic.com