Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 22, 2002  9:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Falsetto

In a message dated 10/22/2002 4:26:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> A recent example of a singer who has gotten into major difficulty
> with the use of ann unregulated chest voice at too high a pitch is
> the recent winner of the Idol contest. It was just announced this
> week that Ms. Clark's first CD is being delayed because of vocal
> problems caused "by the demands of her winning the contest". But
> when I hear her sing I am in pain on all the high notes.
>
> She needs to see you, Randy!

Yeah she does (lol), she has no mix at all coming out of chest and pulls it
way too high and you can see and hear her when she sings.... there is no
mixture in her voice at all and the vowels are way to wide through the bridge
so no vocal fold lengthening is introduced.

randy buescher

emusic.com