Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nick Scholl" <opa@o...>
Date:  Sun Oct 20, 2002  11:52 pm
Subject:  More falsetto...and other stuff...

I really, really want us to continue exploring the importance and not just the
definition of falsetto. It is a valuable voice-building component. Without the
musculature and actions which are present during the execution of pure falsetto
[by Lloyd Hanson's and Cornelius Reid's definition, which I believe cannot be
more accurate and helpful], a singer can never achieve his full potential.
Building the pure falsetto apart from the pure chest voice is essential if one
is to arrive with success at the true test of a singer--messa di voce. Not just
getting louder and softer, but truly swelling on any pitch, any vowel, any speed
without changing timbre or clarity. Only intensity.

Let's keep going...I'm just throwing stuff out to keep us talkin'.

Nick Scholl
http://www.opacodex.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20646 More falsetto...and other stuff...kriswrite@a... vintageconnection Tue  10/22/2002