Vocalist.org archive

From:  kriswrite@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 21, 2002  4:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 1306

Randy~

Ah, but that can be corrected, if you know how to do it. I'll use my own
voice as an example. I started out as a belter (a la Streisand and Dion),
carrying my chest voice as high as F above tenor C. Then I studied classical.
Now I can carry my chest voice up, but switch to head and still maintain a
similar sound. I can also carry my head voice down into my chest voice
territory, but when I finally switch to chest, nobody hears the difference in
voice. My advanced students can achieve this, also.

Kristina

n a message dated 10/21/2002 9:08:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com writes:

> Definitely there is. Many classical female singers bring a lot of head down
>
> so low that when they finally have to go into pure chest there is an
> audible
> switch. Pop singers often take pure chest too high and then flip into
> something that lacks any medial compression. Listen to Whitney Houston she
>
> does it all the time.
>
> Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20611 Re: Digest Number 1306kriswrite@a... vintageconnection Mon  10/21/2002