Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Thu Jun 1, 2000  4:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Sungil: TECH: Falsetto -clarification

Ha, I don't have the book in front of me either right now, but I remember
them being done at or courtesy of Bell Laboratories????
Also, a friend and associate of mine, Randy Buescher, was replying to my
questions. Here is a quote from him, ".....the folds can damp. Vennard,
Zemlin, Appleman, discuss this and there is ample stroboscopic footage to
show this. I've seen it myuself also under exam. However, I will say this,
not every set of folds damps, yet the registers still connect. I believe this
is achieved via less vertical depth of the fold being used. Titze has
discussed this and the importance of SUPRAGLOTTAL PRESSURE in this form of
vibration."
Hope this helps...........Mary Beth Felker-Osborn

emusic.com