Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Oct 17, 2002  10:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: beloved concert halls, was virus talk

Well I just assume you have personal experiences of the
venue that are beyond the inclusions on the web page.

I get the impression also that it labours the
Englishness of musical composition and performance
but fails to encompass Elgar. Put another way I have the
impression that it has restricted its musical breadth.

I'm interested in all this because next year I am planning
to venture beyond these shores in the direction of Austria,
Germany, France, England, Scotland and Ireland and I've
been researching things like this but in spite of my work,
this one did not crop up. Ta Reg.

>Reg wrote:
>
>>Tell us more Colin. :) Naomi?
>>I guess this is their website.
>>http://www.aldeburgh.co.uk/
>
>I'd be delighted to. But to decrease the risk of my blathering on
>like the egomaniacal fool I am, maybe you could clarify what you want
>to know. Otherwise I'm likely to write a BOOK!! ; )
>
>Naomi

emusic.com