Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Oct 14, 2002  3:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] VIRUS sent on Vale's message

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Reg Boyle wrote:

> that Karen's magnificent web information would be considerable
> restricted but for the enormous development engendered by
> the open IBM environment. Still, perhaps the little treasure
> wisely restricts herself to those originating from the purity
> of the Garden of Eden. -@

Actually, before I used my first Macintosh, I worked quite happily on UNIX
System V on DEC VAX. I mention this only because I think it's fair to say
the success of the Internet is at least equally creditable to the
existence of that operating system.

Interestingly, I have often said that if I had to switch from a Macintosh
to another operating system, I would switch to UNIX or Linux before giving
a single penny to Mr. Gates and his minions. Now, it appears, with Mac OS
X, I'm doing exactly that - getting the best of both Mac OS and UNIX.

As for Garden of Eden purity, not at all. The reason I class Microsoft
operating systems with anthrax and Charlotte Church recordings, as
something to be avoided at all costs, is because I absolutely refuse to
join the herd who seem willing to accept substandard software just because
it's well marketed.

By the way, I also refuse to buy automobiles built in Detroit. And I don't
eat at McDonalds.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
I want to know God's thoughts...