Vocalist.org archive

From:  "katherine94040" <modulate58@a...>
Date:  Fri Oct 11, 2002  1:37 am
Subject:  Group voice classes

I am building a studio in South Bay (SFO). I sent out letters to
local churches and synagogues offering free lectures on vocal
technique to their choirs. While I did not get a good response, I did
get one lecture "gig" and acquired a group voice class from it.
I think that the covering letter and material I sent was not
effective - a little too formal, not flashy enought to get attention -
but I still believe this is a good idea. Perhaps you may want to try
flyers specifically offering group classes. Use Powerpoint or
something similar to make them colorful, put in a little blurb on
your qualifications. For the cost of a few first class stamps, you
may get something. Or alternatively, advertise a public lecture-
demonstration on vocal technique in flyers (with RSVP)and get a
location on the cheap. Your church or temple? The local women's club?
Use existing students for the demos.

emusic.com