Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jean Marie Henderson" <jeaniebean77@h...>
Date:  Wed Oct 9, 2002  10:55 pm
Subject:  trills

Hello again,
I'm trying to learn to do trills. There is a lot of good rep I'd like to
do, but I can't to a trill. Grrrrr. Frustration.
I've tried doing the alternating two notes as fast as you can, then trying
to trill. Maybe I just have not practiced it enough.
I've read in Richard Miller, I think Training Soprano Voices, that one's
larynx actually ocillates (I know I can't spell) when trilling. My teacher
said that she used to have a lot of vibrato and never had trouble trilling.
I've started the Lutgen excercises to help my speed and coluratura. Would
the two be connected?

Another issue. High notes. I'm a twenty five year old soprano working on
Ach ich fuhls and Adieu notre petite table. Everything is going great
except for those darn B flats. I can get them, but they are not gorgeous.
They don't have vibrato really, and they don't feel right. There is a
subtle kind of grabing going on, and I feel like my shape isn't right.
Could this be vowel related, or am I just having trouble because high notes
are new to me?
Advice obviously appreciated.
Jean Marie

20492 A Little Family Music.Reg Boyle bandbau Thu  10/10/2002
20497 Re: A Little Family Music.EdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Thu  10/10/2002
20505 Re: A Little Family Music.Reg Boyle bandbau Fri  10/11/2002
20539 Re: A Little Family Music.EdgewoodVoiceStudio edgewoodvoicestudio Wed  10/16/2002
20495 Re: trillsKaren Mercedes   Thu  10/10/2002
20498 Re: trillssopran@a...   Thu  10/10/2002

emusic.com