Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <naomi@n...>
Date:  Wed Oct 9, 2002  4:27 pm
Subject:  re: headshots

Jean Marie asked:

>In theater, most actors attach their resumes to the back of their photos
>with double sided tape and trim the edges off, in effect creating an 8 x 10
>resume. Do people do this in the opera world?

No. Your photo and your resume should be separate for opera and
classical-music networking.

I've also heard that for straight acting and musical theatre
networking, you should staple your trimmed resume to the back so that
they can be detached for faxing and such. I'd never thought about it
but it makes sense...especially if you're sending your stuff to
casting agents.

But to answer your original question -- keep the resume at full size
and don't attach it when you're applying for classical singing work.

Naomi

P.S. Glad the copyright thing worked out so easily!

emusic.com