Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Wed Oct 9, 2002  1:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] VIRUS sent on Vale's message

>I just received a message entitled
>
> ( vocalist) diction (e and o)
>The text said it was from SM Schneider.
>
>A dialog box popped up to say it was infected with the "spider.sav.pif"
>virus.

I received a similar message. Although it contained "[vocalist]" in
the subject, the message did not come through yahoogroups, since the
vocalist-temporary group is set up to not allow attachments on any
messages (If one of us includes an attachment when writing to the
group, the attachment will not be distributed along with the message).

Remember to never open an attachment unless you know both the sender
of the email AND the content of the attachment. Even if you receive
an attachment from someone you know and trust, don't open it unless
the sender has told you what the attahcment is.

John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)