Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Thu Jun 1, 2000  6:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] a question for dr john schweinfurth and others

-----Original Message-----
From: john schweinfurth <voicemd@e...>
To: vocalist-temporary@egroups.com <>
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: [vocalist-temporary] a question for dr john schweinfurth and
others

>You're right about the diuretics. Usually, they are only used in
'essential
>hypertension' but much less commonly nowadays because of the availability
of
>better drugs. If you haven't seen a cardiologist, you may want to do that.
>
>As a laryngologist, I am not an expert in hypertension so I urge you to get
>more opinions.
>
>John M. Schweinfurth, MD

James here...

Thanks. I have a consult and an stress echo next Monday. My primary agrees
with you that we need to rule out possible causes and Marfan runs in my
family so I will be glad to have this test and see what is really going on
under the hood. I will discuss the impact of diuretics and singers, I think
he is just trying the get the BP down fast. It is great to have you
knowledge and voice on this list !

James

emusic.com