Vocalist.org archive

From:  GWendel Yee <gwyee@r...>
Date:  Tue Oct 8, 2002  10:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Tylenol Pm

At 03:15 PM 10/8/02 -0700, Dolphin aura wrote:
>I've recently started taking tylonel to help me sleep.
> I almost absolutly need to take it as I live in a
>dorm and my roommates go to sleep about 4 hours after
>I would like too.
>Anyway, will taking them effect my voice at all?

It should have no permanent effects on your voice. However, keep in mind
that Tylenol PM contains diphenhydramine, an antihistamine (that's the part
that makes you sleepy). Hence, all the caveats regarding antihistamines and
voice will apply. For the most part, this will be mucosal drying as well as
a tendency to thicken mucosal secretions, which may affect the qualitiy of
and energy required for your high notes.

GWendel, dt (MD, PhD, etc)

emusic.com