Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Thu Jun 1, 2000  5:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] freaky-high whistle register

I used to have this freaky-whistle register when I was in high school. I could
sing up to high C above high C because of it, and I would also once in a while
miss high notes and sing a 4th or so higher. I had no dynamic control over
these notes, but they were the easiest things in the world for me to find. I
used to also have a wicked high F (above high C) in head voice that I could do
something with. The extreme notes sound exactly like a whistle, and I believe
I saw a video of someone's vocal chords once and they seemed to pucker like you
would with your lips to whistle (don't quote me on that, I may have just been
told and kept the idea in my mind.)

HOWEVER, now at the age of 30, I don't have any of these notes anymore, and my
voice pretty much tops out at an E. I now get this freaky, screamy, grovelly
sound above that. Go figure!

Lisa-Marie

emusic.com