Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <naomi@n...>
Date:  Tue Oct 8, 2002  3:57 pm
Subject:  re: singers & steroids

Thank you for the suggestions below. In looking at those sites, I
found they seemed to be focused on questions about the use of
steroids for specifically vocal concerns (allergies, hoarseness,
etc.). I should have been clearer in my request. What I'm really
looking for is information about the use of steroids to treat other
health problems (non voice-related) and what concerns singers might
have about such a course of treatment.

Thanks for any information you might have.
Naomi Gurt Lind

> > I'm looking for a book or pamphlet or article or web site that lays
> > out the objections that singers have against using steroids at a
> > systemic level. Ideally this would be written in language that a lay
> > person can understand and that a member of the scientific/medical
> > community can respect.
> >
> > Try these.
>
> <A HREF="http://www.upmc.edu/upmcvoice/SataloffMed.htm">The Effects
>of Medication on Singers
>
> </A><A
>HREF="http://www.singermagazine.com/singer_university/articles/allergies.html">\
Singer
>Magazine - In tune with the passion of singers, songwriters and
>independ</A>
>
> <A HREF="http://www.nyst.org/breakdown.htm">woopublications</A>
>
> <A HREF="http://www.professional.asha.org/news/f020723.cfm">Singing
>Voice: Special Considerations for Evaluation and Treatment</A>
>
> <A HREF="http://www.edielayland.com/tipshealth.htm">SING!-TIPS FOR
>A SINGERS HEALTH</A>

emusic.com