Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Cheshire" <vocalist@c...>
Date:  Mon Oct 7, 2002  12:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] 3 songs for baritone audition - suggestions?

Thanks Karen and Thomas for your help.

Thomas,
> Tell me more about your voice and I'll recommend some baritone
> repertoire - your range, your tessitura,
Very good question. However, although I understand what you ask,
I would have to get a definite answer from my teacher.

Karen, you have given me lots to think about. I will definitely
discuss your suggestions with my teacher. My teacher is
going to help me choose repertoire, but she knows she
has sprung this idea on me suddenly and late in the day, so
she decided to tap my own research skills. With her suggestions,
and my suggestions, coupled with your suggestions, the hope is
that I can decide on a repertoire in time to learn it.

>Or you might do a later Italian song, such as "L'Ultima
> canzone" by Tosti.
I **love** that song ! I received the sheet music last week and
have started learning it.

> For a young baritone (which I'm presuming you are)
Fair assumption, but no, I am not exactly 'young'. I am 35. If I
pass this year's audition/application I will be 36 going in to the term
starting September 2003. So time is of the essence.

I was young baritone once. I just didn't know it at the time ;)

Thanks again.
John

emusic.com