Vocalist.org archive

From:  Axwell@a...
Date:  Thu Jun 1, 2000  4:16 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Introduction

In a message dated 5/31/00 5:32:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Idbelsey@y... writes:

<< I admire the way you've obviously been really strong
and positive, and that's an example to us all. As
Christine said though, it would be interesting to know
how you came to realise your predicament?

Yes, Denise. I certainly admire your attitude. I doubt if I were in
your situation I would act with the strength that you have displayed. For
all of us who are so concerned about our voices, could you give some
background to your illness ? How on earth do you get cancer on your vocal
cords ? Are you a smoker ? Have you used some particular chemical or
medicine ? Have you been around smokers a great deal of the time ? They say
that just being around smokers increases your liklihood of getting cancer by
30% even if you don't smoke yourself. Do you have cancer in your family?
What are we dealing with here ? I can't believe a little vocal abuse would
result in this. Cancer is a big scary word for most of us. How was your
diet ? Did you eat your vegetables ? Did you get lots of anti-oxidents ? I
guess that I am very nosy, but I am probably asking the questions that most
of us would like to know.

emusic.com