Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Oct 7, 2002  1:12 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] frustrated

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Jodie Bean wrote:

> I recently decided to sing a song by Sven Lekberg, and I wanted to know more
about his vocal solo pieces and his life before I performed a piece of his.
Unfortunately, my library here knows nothing about him, he is not is Groves
dictionary (in print or online), there are no biographical websites about him,
and I can find really nothing but websites about choirs who have performed
pieces by him. I am frustrated! I want to know more about his soloist works for
vocalists, and his life, but there is no info! Anyone have any suggestions for
reference books I could try looking in or search engines other than yahoo.com
and dogpile.com?? :(

Lekberg's FOUR POEMS OF EDNA ST VINCENT MILLAY have been published in the
1990 Schirmer book Romantic American Art Songs (distributed by Hal
Leonard).

If you can't find a copy of this book new, I guarantee you will be able to
find it at a good music library - or through interlibrary loan through
your public library.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
I want to know God's thoughts...