Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
Date:  Wed Oct 2, 2002  11:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF TOPIC: The Fat Flush Diet--anybody done this?

leskayc@a... wrote:
>I know this is not really a musical question but I also remember that
>recently we had a thread going about singing and weight loss. The new rage
>at the gym where I exercise is this "fat flush" diet (the book is by a woman
>named Ann Louise Gittleman)
> that involves drinking tons of cranberry juice among other things. I am
>pretty skeptical about anything that touts mega-fat loss as an end result,
>especially if exercise is not a very large part of it.

Dear Leslie,

Cranberry juice has been found to be effective in preventing urinary tract
infections; but I
know of no evidence with regard to weight loss. (I'll check a little more
deeply when I get
to my clinical trials references.) So, I'm with you on this. However, I
wouldn't necessarily
trust what a person says just because he/she has a MD. Remember, the lowest
person in the
poorest ranked medical school in the most backward country in the world, is also
called
"doctor".

GWendel, dt (MD, PhD, etc.)

emusic.com