Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 2, 2002  8:51 pm
Subject:  OFF TOPIC: The Fat Flush Diet--anybody done this?

Hello list,

I know this is not really a musical question but I also remember that
recently we had a thread going about singing and weight loss. The new rage
at the gym where I exercise is this "fat flush" diet (the book is by a woman
named Ann Louise Gittleman)
that involves drinking tons of cranberry juice among other things. I am
pretty skeptical about anything that touts mega-fat loss as an end result,
especially if exercise is not a very large part of it.

Has anyone done this? I would imagine that a good bit of the weight loss
would be fluid loss from drinking all that cranberry juice. Could this in
some way DE-hydrate a singer? I know that drinking tons of water is
beneficial for whatever ails you, but I was wondering if adding the cranberry
juice might not be just a little too much....

I wonder what you docs on the list think of this--is it just another fad or
is this woman on to something? Who is she, anyway? Her biographies are full
of what articles and books she has written and what boards she sits on, but I
can't find a single degree listed anywhere. Is she really a nutritionist or
just a writer who writes about nutrition?

I just read Robert Rountree,MD's book IMMUNOTICS which is all about
strengthening the immune system. He is a proponent of vitamin and herbal
supplementation, but I pay attention to him because he is a physician and at
least had to make a passing grade in biology. But this Gittleman chick I am
not so sure about......

Leslie (who frankly would rather have a strong immune system than skinny
legs...)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20378 Re: OFF TOPIC: The Fat Flush Diet--anybody done this?gwyee@r... gwyee2redshift Wed  10/2/2002

emusic.com