Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Marjorie Bunday" <mbunday@e...>
Date:  Wed Oct 2, 2002  5:13 pm
Subject:  Re: headshots

When I had my head shots taken, I bought the complete rights from the
photographer. It was expensive (if I remember correctly, it added about $400 to
my total bill, for two different photos), but worth it in the long run, as I
would have had to pay him royalty fees for each instance the photo was
reproduced. By buying the rights, as he put it [I paraphrase], you can make the
photos into wallpaper if you want and sell it at K-mart. I would contact your
photographer and ask how much s/he would charge for complete rights versus a per
use royalty.

Marje
mbunday@e...
http://www.altodiva.com

"Jean Marie Henderson" <jeaniebean77@h...> wrote:
<<[snip] Do most people buy the copyright to their photos? [snip] What to
do?>>

emusic.com