Vocalist.org archive

From:  <rachparker@e...>
Date:  Wed Oct 2, 2002  4:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Soprano Funeral Rep.

Hi Anne!

I've never heard it done, but I've always thought Strauss' "Morgen" would be a
beautiful funeral song. It's available in several anthologies on the T.I.S
music site (www.tismusic.com -- if you haven't been there, it's a great
resource).

Speaking of anthologies, "Sing Solo Sacred" from Oxford U. Press is an
excellent investment. It contains a wide variety of selections for weddings,
funerals and other religious ceremonies.

> I would love to hear from you about appropriate
> solos
> for funerals for soprano. Also, if you know a
> good
> resource for finding such music, that would be
> great-
> is there a catalog/reference work? They can be
> in
> English or not.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20382 Re: Soprano Funeral Rep.Karen Mercedes   Fri  10/4/2002
20383 Re: Soprano Funeral Rep.thomas mark montgomery sailorbudd Fri  10/4/2002

emusic.com