Vocalist.org archive

From:  Clark_Diane <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Tue Oct 1, 2002  9:12 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] headshots

It's not that simple, since the photographer owns the copyright to his work.
When I wanted to have a headshot made of a Glamour Shot photo I had, I had to
call the GS store and pay $25 for permission to use their photo for the
headshot. It was worth it, because that was a great photo, and I would have had
to pay a lot more to get a new photo made. GS sent me a form, which I sent to
the headshot company, showing that I had permission to use the photo.

> ----------

people buy the copyright to their photos? I went to get some copies of mine,
because ordering them from the photographer would be too expensive, and they
said they couldn't copy them without notice that I had copyrights.
> Yet I thought most people just sent their photo to some place in Florida, or
wherever and get a hundred photos for seventy dollars. Or something like that.
What to do?

> Jean Marie
>
> ---
> Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof. of Music
> Dept. of Music, Rhodes College
> 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
> http://www.rhodes.edu

emusic.com