Vocalist.org archive

From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Sun Sep 29, 2002  4:14 am
Subject:  opera debut- second night blues

Well, I've finished both nights, and god am I tired!

The first night was very exciting- the cast were all buzzing and I feel that
I sang very well. The next night however was not so good. I felt drained
from the night before, and my voice would not settle properly. I had to
interpolate some lower notes into some of the phrases.
It strange- I felt an apprehension about the second night- i don't know why.
Maybe its the second night syndrome- where everything suddenly feels very
flat. Has anybody had a similar experience?

Mirko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20354 Re: opera debut- second night bluesKaren Mercedes   Sun  9/29/2002
20355 Re: opera debut- second night bluesIngo Duckerschein ingo_d Sun  9/29/2002
20356 Re: opera debut- second night bluesKaren Mercedes   Sun  9/29/2002
20357 Re: opera debut- second night bluesNaomi Gurt Lind   Sun  9/29/2002

emusic.com