Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Audrey Gamez" <letmusiclive4ever@a...>
Date:  Sat Sep 28, 2002  5:28 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] changing voice teachers

As someone who has changed voice teachers many times over the past
few years, i can sympathize with your problem. As one professor i
once studied with put it "it's kinda like having a boyfriend or
girfriend and having to break-up". I can almost assure you however,
that this is probably not the first time this has happened with you
teacher, as no one teacher is right for everyone, and, especially in
college, students have a tendency to change more often as they are
learning technique if they find that a particular technique is
working for them. Having said that, your teacher will probably
understand your wanting to change, and may in fact, already have some
idea that this might happen. I actually had a teacher my freshman
year of college who told me right before i was about to discuss
changing voice teachers that he thought that I would be much better
served if I was with another teacher. So chances are, your teacher
will completely understand and support you doing what is in your best
interest.

-Audrey Gamez

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Dolphin aura <dolphin_aura@y...>