Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 27, 2002  1:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] changing voice teachers

In a message dated 9/26/2002 8:47:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
dolphin_aura@y... writes:

> I don't feel like I am progressing with my current
> voice teacher at college, I have been with her for a
> year. I want to change my voice teacher, but I really
> like my current one as a person. I do not want to
> hurt her, but I do not think continuing to study with
> her would be benificial. What should I do to change
> teachers without offending her, if at all possible?

This is a business relationship at its heart. You are paying her to perform
a service, she is not delivering the service. You are the consumer and can
choose to spend your dollars in other ways. She may be a lovely person but
you are not paying her for that. If she is mature she will realize this and
respect your decision and still be a lovely person towards you and you in
turn.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com