Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Robert Edgar" <redgar@b...>
Date:  Thu Sep 26, 2002  1:32 am
Subject:  Looking for ideas

Dear listers,
I am looking for some ideas on how to solve a problem with a student
of mine. She is a 31years old soprano who has had to work very hard to
develop some quality of tone in her upper voice. That she has accomplished
fairly well, although we still have some work to do to stop the reediness,
but her problem is the inability to sing with sensitivity. What I mean by
that is, she finds it very difficult to sing with passion, emotion,
sincerity etc. She certainly thinks it, but it do not come from her heart. I
thought maybe I could approach the problem via character songs, folk songs
etc but am asking if anyone has some brighter ideas. I'm mainly trying to
build this technique for the benefit of Art songs and Lieder. I find this
technique very easy to do, but when it comes to teaching someone else, I've
hit a brick wall. I've even made her watch me, but it doesn't transfer. Hope
someone has some great ideas.
Robyn Edgar
Australia
redgar@b...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20317 Re: Looking for ideasClark_Diane   Thu  9/26/2002
20318 Re: Looking for ideasAmanda Kelley mandasings Thu  9/26/2002
20319 Re: Looking for ideasKaren Mercedes   Thu  9/26/2002
20338 Expressiveness in singingJoscephine Gomez voice_consultant Sat  9/28/2002
20350 Re: Expressiveness in singingClark_Diane   Sat  9/28/2002
20392 Feelings first vs. feelings nextJoscephine Gomez voice_consultant Fri  10/4/2002
20395 Re: Feelings first vs. feelings nextClark_Diane   Fri  10/4/2002
20342 Re: Looking for ideasKaren Mercedes   Sat  9/28/2002
20322 Re: Looking for ideasleskayc@a...   Thu  9/26/2002

emusic.com